The house was built just before 1600, home to merchants and businessmen who wanted to work and sleep by the bustling harbour. In the Victorian period, the property housed up to 58 people at a time before being rescued from demolition and opened as a historic house museum in 1930.
Messenger was awarded the contract for the full conservation and restoration of the existing main house and gardens. The works included:
The house is set to be one of the key legacy projects for Britain’s Ocean City!
Plymouth City Council
Dittrich Hudson Vasetti Architects