The Oratory, located in the Edgbaston area of Birmingham, was founded in 1849 by St John Henry Newman. The living quarters of the community is called the Oratory House and served as Newman’s home from 1852 – 1890, apart from four years that he spent in Ireland. Project Summary Messenger was awarded the contract to […]
Stowe School is a selective independent school in Stowe, Buckinghamshire. It was opened on 11th May 1923. Originally for boys only, the school is now coeducational, with some 550 boys and 220 girls. Along with many of the other buildings on the school’s estate, the main house is now a Grade I Listed Building. Project […]
The Elizabethan House was built just before 1600, home to merchants and businessmen who wanted to work and sleep by the bustling harbour. Many years later, vital structural and strengthening works were carried out as part of Plymouth’s Mayflower 400 commemorations.
The SPAB scholarship is an advanced training programme for architects, engineers and surveyors in building conservation. Travelling around the country for nine months, the scholars are exposed to a wide variety of projects, conservation issues, philosophies and crafts.
The Lychgate cottages in Coventry’s city centre are three timber-framed properties dating back to around 1415. The building’s location and date indicate that it originally formed part of the precinct of the 12th century St Mary’s Priory, and is the only upstanding building which survives from the priory complex. Project Summary A perfect example of […]
The Oratory, located in the Edgbaston area of Birmingham, was founded in 1849 by St John Henry Newman. Messenger was contracted in late 2020 to undertake extensive repairs to the lantern on the roof of the Cardinal’s Library.
This Sunday, April 18th, marks ten years since Messenger was incorporated and the years since have seen the company go from strength to strength.
Originally the main gate of the Newarke religious quarters, the Magazine was later used as munition storage during the English civil war, acquiring its current title ‘The Magazine’. In 1894, The Drill Hall was added onto the west elevation, and it was used as a military building until the hall was demolished in the 1960s. […]
Our specialist stonemasons have begun the £2.5m two-year project to conserve Lincoln Medieval Bishop’s Palace for the future.
Completed in August 2020 as part of a £3.7m project at Darwin College, the Old Granary scooped up the award for Best Conservation Project and the Craftsmanship Award at the Cambridge Design and Construction Awards.