Trinity House has stood on its site since 1330, built by nobleman Henry Plantagenet next to his castle. Henry was the third Earl of Lancaster and Leicester, and the grandson of King Henry III. Henry’s son, the fourth Earl, was a warrior knight who fought in France and was rewarded by the French king with a holy relic, a thorn from Jesus Christ’s Crown of Thorns. The thorn was put on display in the church, supposedly in gold casing, and became the focus for pilgrimages. Trinity House has been altered and re-built over the years, however was bestowed listed building status in 1950.
Brief Decription of Works:
Messenger was awarded the contract for the re-roofing of the Trinity House building and repairs to the structure, the replacement of the terrazzo flooring to the ground floor corridor and repairs to the damaged leaded windows. Messenger also carried out repair works to the bell and bell housing.
Client: De Montfort University
Duration: 11 weeks
Completion: August 2014