Current Project – Country House
The original much larger 1560 manor house was demolished in 1745, leaving only the service wing intact. Much of the remaining 16th Century fabric was subsequently widely extended and remodelled throughout the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, including use as offices for a significant part of the 20th Century. In the 1970s a former owner returned the property to domestic occupation, with particular efforts focused on the reinstatement of the gardens.
Brief Description of Works:
Following the original contractor regrettably falling into administration, Messenger was awarded the contract to continue the renovation, alterations and extension of the house and ancillary buildings. This includes renewal of services installations together with below ground plant room.
Anticipated completion date: Spring 2017